Comet Warranty Program
If you’re on this page you’re most likely bummed. Don’t worry, all Comet skateboards are under warranty against defects in material or workmanship for 1 year from the date of purchase.
Our warranty department is made up of experienced skaters who diagnose whether your board is a manufacturing issue. We expect normal wear on your board so below is a list of what we do NOT cover.
- Tail/nose wear from dragging or impact from running into things like cars, curbs, and columns
- Edge chipping from ground, curbs, walls, rails, etc
- Snapped boards from impacts when landing tricks
- Being run over by cars
- Second hand purchases
- Factory 2nds and other orders from the Comet Specials web page
- Physically modified skateboards (chopped, drilled, etc)
- Stress cracks in the surface ply of a natural maple veneer are not considered defects and will not affect the overall integrity of the deck
- Damage during shipping (this responsibility resides in the carrier)
To ACTIVATE your warranty, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- "WARRANTY" in the subject line
- Photos, including a few closeups of the problem area plus straight on shots of the full graphics side and full grip side of your skateboard
- a scan or photo of your sales receipt or invoice for your purchase of this board from an authorized Comet Skateboards dealer
Expect the following process:
- Your case will be evaluated and you will be notified if the deck should be shipped to the Comet warranty department for replacement.
- You will be responsible for shipping costs to Comet Skateboards.
- Comet will cover the cost of shipping the new deck to you.